"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

School is Heating Up Soon!

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!
I'm so thrilled with our weather this Summer as it has cooled down a bit once again and I am able to shut my air conditioning off for a while and open up my windows.  Pretty soon it will be chilly with a crisp Fall air coming in!  I am ready for Fall as it's my fave time of the year...so bring it on!

I have a different creation for you today that's not a card.  I made a cute Post-It Note holder!
LOL!  This lil meece makes me smile!  I haven't gotten out my House Mouse Stamps to play too much and I miss coloring them in.  I cut out all of the different images in this stamp and used all of them except for the paper clip.  I added a real one from my stash.  (I just glued in on with my handy strong zip glue.)
For the House Mouse & Friends challenge, they would like to see some heat embossing.  So I've embossed my blue background with a dotted line stamp with clear embossing powder.  I've also made a "chalk board" look by embossing an alphabet image on grey card stock with white embossing powder and then sponged some white ink on it.  I've also embossed a ruler image for the corner pieces of my design.

He is just having so much fun getting his school supplies ready for back-to-school season! LOL!
I usually make tons of these for the craft shows that I do and I know the teacher's or the people that want to get a gift for a teacher really seem to like these.  Although I probably will only have one craft show to do this year, I will be gearing up for items the following year so it gives me time to "stock up" on some things!

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this one for:
House Mouse & Friends (HMFMC150) - heat embossing
Eclectic Ellapu - For a Teacher
Pile it On - School Time
Loves Rubber Stamps - anything goes
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes 4 Kids
Top Tip Tuesday - Embossing (Heat or Dry)

That's all for me today, but I am working on some things "behind the scenes" here and I will be back as I'm having so much fun playing around with my stash again and it feels wonderful!
Thanks so much for dropping in and I wish you all a fabulous day!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

43 comments:

Stef H said...

omg! i LOVE this! it's too darn cute... and useful!

i still have the air on. a little humid here. looking forward to fall. heck, at this stage i'll take winter!

hugs :)

Deb said...

That is so cute and what a great back to school teacher gift!
Debxx

Tina said...

aww - this is super cute. School just started up for us this week - so I am feeling almost relaxed :)

here's hoping you are doing well.

hugs

crafty-stamper said...

love your post-it-note holder and the embossing love te design and pen-school doesn't start here for another month
carol x

Chrissy said...

What a great project Vicki..love that little mouse,he is so cute..

luv CHRISSYxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute! I love the great design and the images you used with your house mouse, adorable.

Josie Smith said...

This is super cute!!!
Josie
Craftin' Boutique personal blog
Please join the fun at Craftin' Boutique Challenge Blog

Berni Cuttino said...

Oh My, cracking me up and so darn cute. So ready to get back to school. Amazing design and dazzling embellishments, simply an awesome card.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Tammy said...

Adorable and such a clever way to hide post it notes! Love the sweet mouse and all that he's juggling!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, This is super cute... Your darling house mouse with the best embellishments.
Hugs, Pat

Patti J said...

This is just darling, Vicki! You make those emcee look so sweet :-)

Angela Boutiller said...

Love those mice...great creation...thank you for joining us here at SAS4K.

Ellen said...

This is just stinkin' cute!! Love that fun little mouse~it would make anybody smile! Fab design and so handy too!! tfs

Elise said...

Hi Vicki!

Oooo! This is so ADORABLE!!! heheh!!! Can't believe school is starting up again .. time flies right?!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the way you decorated this adorable post-it note holder. Such a clever idea! Another amazing creation, Vicki!

downrightcrafty said...

Great embossing and a gorgeous card, thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Heather said...

Hi Vicki, such a fabulous card, I love your design and colour scheme. Gorgeous colouring of the sweet image and such stunning details!!!

Thanks so much for joining House Mouse & Friends Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a wonderful note book x Just love House Mouse x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Carla S. said...

What a cute Post-It Note holder, Vicki! Love the adorable image and details! Great details!

NanaConnie said...

What a terrific idea, Vicki! I'd make more of these if I could just find those short pens to go with them. Love the blues on this one and there's nothing more fun than a House Mouse stamp!

Shanna Shands said...

Great heat embossing and love the mouse. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

Donna said...

Adorable littel post-it-note holder Vicki, beautifully decorated and a great gift idea :) Donna ♥ x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Awwwww such a cute image and fabulous design.
hugs Sue xx

Christine said...

Hi sweet Vicki love your oh so cute mousey creation..what a clever lickle mouse this is..lovely take on the Embossing chall..
Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall this time.

smiles Christine x

Patricia said...

what a great project Vicki! That little mouse is adorable! Thanks for joining in at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

Davi said...

OH my Vicki is that the cutest note holder! I love the sweet little mouse and how you cut him out ;) Have a wonderful weekend!

sue morris said...

Awwww....this is so sweet!! What a cute idea! Have a great weekend Vicki! *hugs*

Kimberly S said...

Adorable Post-it holder Vicki! you HM coloring is fabulous, and it is so cute! hugs, Kimberly

Asha said...

Oh Vicki! That little guy is soooo adorable! And you've coloured him so well. What a cute little gift idea...worth going back to school for!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Sue said...

Vicki, I love these little post it note holders and the pen, made them a few years back, and very popular. And with school starting up again soon, perfect design. Nicely done, GF! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your creation with us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, this is sooo cute. Great idea to make something like this for craft fairs as it is precious and lots of fun (love the paper clip you added too). Wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing it in the House Mouse & Friends Challenge! Hugz!!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for joining our Embossing Challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

I have bumped into this wonderful creation several times and was sure I had left you a note...dang-so sorry to have been so late. This is darling and would make a great back to school giftie for a few teacher friends...thanks again Vicki for sharing!
♥ Sue Kment

Regina said...

oh, my dear! What an awesome Post-It Note holder! Really made me smile.
hugs Regina

Julia Aston said...

What fun stamps for this back to school theme note holder Vicki! So cute!

Sandy said...

Hey Vicki - this is so cute. I am grinning from ear to ear.
Sandy

Jennifer said...

This is fantastic! I just love this frisky little mouse! Great corners and little clip!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous cards, love the colors used and all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, I just saw where you won the House Mouse & Friends challenge! How fun is that!

Tammy said...

OMGosh this post-it note holder is sooo cute Vicki!! Adorable image and sparkle... I love that little paperclip!
Big Hugs, Tammy

julieprice3 said...

Wonderful idea, love that cute little mouse
Hugs Julie P

NanaConnie said...

WOW, what incredible fussy cutting, Vicki, especially on Maxwell! Love the eraser and pencil. Too cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have been out of town- it is so fun to come back and try to catch up! : ) I am making progress, but thought I'd spend time blog hopping. I LOVE this image and the background- and all of the fussy cutting. Darling Post-it holder!

Annette said...

Fab image. Love the mouse! Great for 'back to school' time.
Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Top Tip Tuesday too.
Hugs
Annette
Netty's Cards
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...