"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Not All Black and White Christmas

Hello friends!  Happy Monday!
I'm popping in today to share a Christmas card with you!  It's time for me to really buckle down and get my Christmas cards made and sent out!  So here's another one for "the pile"!

I don't ever remember using dominate black and white on hardly if any of my past Christmas cards, but added with the metallic colors, I really like how it all came together!

I was not only inspired by the colors from the ShowCASe Your Style challenge this time, but the photo as well!  (see photo below)
So I found these really pretty long ornaments on my Cricut Explore and cut out one white and one black ornament.  The stripes on the ornaments were cut out with silver and glitter gold card stock.  I took out some silver thread that I had from back in my "cross-stitch days" and used it for the strings to hold my ornaments with.  I popped up the white ornament over the black one.  I also took my silver gel pen and gold Stickles glitter glue to add some accents to them.

So for the rest of my card, I've used the "star sparkle" images from the Thanks a Million Clearly Whimsy Stamp set and stamped them with my Gray ink and added some clear glitter in the centers to make them sparkle behind the ornaments.  If you also notice the Christmas Large Word die cut with silver metallic card stock, I also took a small "star sparkle" like I used on the white panel and embossed the one with gold embossing powder over the "i" in the die cut and then used some gold Stickles glitter glue to fill in the center of it.  The "Merry" on the white panel comes from the Christmas Greetings stamp set by Whimsy Stamps as well.

For the layered stitched curve that you see on the front of my design, I've used the Stitched Border Die Trio also from Whimsy Stamps.
So when you lift up the stitched border flap on the front of the card, here's what the inside looks like:

I used the same  stitched border die to create a panel that would fit for the inside of my card and then I took the same Christmas Greetings stamp set and used a sentiment for the inside of my card stamped in black ink.  You will still be able to see the silver "Christmas" die cut from the front of the card when you open it.

So how are YOU coming along with your Christmas cards?
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Hope you've enjoyed my design!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
CLICK HERE to check out my crafty stash for sell!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter the above card for:

4 Crafty Chicks - Make it Sparkle
Creative Knockouts - Bling is the Thing
Creative Fingers - anything goes


Allsorts - No designer papers allowed
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkly/Blingy/Glittery

42 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

So festive. Loving the gold, black and white.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

jimlynn said...

Very pretty card! Love the touch of gold on here and the ornaments! I'm getting a pile of Christmas cards going too. It's going to be here before we know it.
Lynn

Margreet said...

Elegant card with the black, white and glittery ornaments!
xxx Margreet

Anneke said...

wow , this is very elegant and classy Vicky and the christmas balls are very beautiful with the embossed parts,
have a nice week and hugs from Anneke

vic said...

Gorgeous Vicki love the glitter it looks brilliant and the inside is fab!
Hugs
Vic x

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Vicki! Love the metallic splashes and your sentiment cuts and stamps are lovely.

Becca Cruger said...

I really like the layout of this card. I'm dreading sitting down to write out all the cards... Making them is the fun part!!

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiiiii this is stunningggg I know which challenge you are add in I will join too but I have not ornament like this ...this is a stunning bauble christmas Vicki I love it and I a see a Winner on here...LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Vicki..perfect for those challenges...I miss you...I miss your lovely smile on my Blog post..hope Vicki will visiting me back...if you busy...tomorrow still the time LOL...hugs, Monika

Beth said...

Vicki love the colors on your card I have a similar card style using black and silver on my blog today....beautiful as always GF.
Hugs

Shelly said...

So pretty, Vicki! And I'll agree with you... I'm lovin' the black and white with metallic! :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a stylish design and wonderful colours.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!! I love the beautiful colors, very elegant! Awesome sparkle and design also!
Big hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

pretty

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Super card.The gold, black and silver looks fabulous.
Like your design, with the sentiment too.
Caroline xxx

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Vickie, and what a great take on the photo! Amazing card, dear friend - loving the black and white with gold and silver, and who can resist sparkles? Great job!

Dana said...

Gorgeous! I love the ornaments and the sparkle!!

Chasing the Dream said...

So beautiful and perfect for the holidays. Just love the glitter and CAS design. Simply a stunning beauty.
Hugs

Sue said...

A beautiful card, looks just like the picture! Loving the black and white and touches of gold.

Hugs
Sue

Patti said...

Is it time to do Christmas cards already? giggles!!

Your card is very striking Vicki!! I love the color combo. Outstanding card the recipient will be really blessed I'm sure!

Happy Thanksgiving : )

Patti

Regina said...

Totally awesome blingiest card Vicki!Very classic!
wish you a wonderful week and sending big hugs
Regina

Pollard Carole said...

Just fabulous I love these gorgeous colours looks so elegant a fabulous card love and hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

Sensational card Vicki, just love this simple but so elegant design.
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Asha said...

Utterly totally elegant and classy! That colour combo and the simplicity of your design.... perfect match. Fab card, my friend!
hugs, Asha

nwilliams6 said...

What a fab card Vicki! YOu totally captured the ornaments in the inspiration pic (love the metallic/b/w combo) and the little star thingees around it add magic! Wonderful work! Hugz

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very classy card, Vicki! Such a great design. Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

brenda said...

Your card is very elegant and stylish Vicki.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely with with us at Allsorts this week.

I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

B x

MiamiKel said...

Wow! Gorgeous! So elegant with the wonderful holiday sparkle and glitz! Wonderful way to start the holiday cards :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Black and white sure does look super elegant and love how you recreated the ornaments!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Leanne said...

Oh wow, love the ornaments sparkle. Glad you did the inside too...great card. Thanks for playing our Make it Sparkle at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done.

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

crafty-stamper said...

OMG now you have really panicked me-getting Christmas cards sent out -remember thinking in January going to make at least two a month!!! think i have about five made--FIVE sure some-one fast forwarded this year lol love your CAS Christmas card great baubles
Carol x

Céline said...

oh stunning, love the sparkle
hugs
céline

Wishcraft said...

Fab design and love all the sparkle! Gorgeous card Vicki :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Davi said...

A beautiful card Vicki, love your ornaments :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

You NAILED the challenges, Vicki! And that flap front carried through to the inside? Genius!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Hugs, Darnell

Emily Lauritzen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the fun way the card opens and all the sparkle!!!
The little star trail behind the ornaments gives the whole card a sort of twinkle. Just gorgeous!
<3 Emily L.

Nonni said...

Those metallics look super stylish. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh these colors are so elegant for Christmas!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Thanks for joining us at ShowCASe Your Style.

julieprice3 said...

Simple and sweet, great work
Hugs Julie P

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

Great choice to combine silver and gold.
So glad you are playing with us at INKspirational Challenges for our Christmas Card challenge. Hope you will join us again for our next challenge :)
Pia xx

Deepti said...

You have so beautifully recreated the inspiration image :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...