"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, November 3, 2014

Sweet as CAS

Hello friends and welcome to November!
For me, this means cooler weather and more fun in the stamp room! Yay!

Do you like to make CAS (clean & simple) style cards?
If you do, then I have a new challenge blog to share with you today!
If you are already familiar with the Clearly Whimsy Stamps, then perhaps you've already seen where they've started this brand new challenge celebrating their line of clear stamps.  You don't have to use their stamps to play, but I think if you win and you've used their stamps, then you get a bigger prize!
So of course I'm already a fan of the stamps and was excited about having another CAS style challenge to play along with!

Their very first challenge is to use this fun tic-tac-toe board using any three items (or more) that you'd like to try out!  Here's the board:
I think I pretty much used all of them except for the twine and I even made a one-layer card!
I pulled out the Clearly Whimsy Sweet as Candy images and sentiments sets to use for this challenge.  I stamped the round wrapped candy in red ink and the long wrapped candy with brown ink.  I clear embossed a few select candy and popped them up with foam dots on the card.  I also embossed part of the sentiment with black detail EP.  The "Sweet" was die cut several times and glued on top of the card.  I covered it with glossy accents and sprinkled glitter over it while it was still wet.
I also sprinkled in a few sequins mixed in with the candy. (Some black, silver and white ones.)
I think the colors actually look better on the card IRL, but one layer cards seem to be a bit difficult for me and I always think I need to keep adding something to it! LOL!  But I really like how this one turned out!

So why not hop on over and check it out to play along!  I think I will be having some fun over there!  It looks like the challenges are running for two weeks...so you got plenty of time!
Thanks for checking in today...see you tomorrow for another fun and "challenging" post! :)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

These are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
ShowCASe Your Style - tic tac toe (used all but twine!)

Sketch Saturday:
CAS on Sunday - One-layer Wonder
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks - crazy egg -anything goes

38 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Ooooh super sweet!! This is one scrumptious card my friend! I see it's colder up there and some of my northern friends have snow! Stay warm and stamp! ❤️

CaroleAnn said...

Vicki
You nailed this CAS. I think that type of card is very difficult. I always freak out with a blank canvas to work with and no DPs. But you always make it look great and so doable!! Love all the candy and sequins - perfect touch! Sweet card!! Hugs

Bad Kitty said...

sweet card

Regina said...

wonderful CAS-card!
wish you a wonderful week!
Regina

Debbie said...

Great CAS Card Vicki, Thanks for playing along at showCASe your style this week.xx

jimlynn said...

How sweet it is!!!! Love this Vicki!!! The design is just fantastic for all those sweet candies!
Lynn

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun cascade of candy on this sweet card!! Great design, Vicki!

Becca Cruger said...

I'm drooling now because I want some candy! Really "sweet" card, Vicki!

Chrissy said...

This is so very cool Vicki..so effective and love the "Sweet" and the sequins..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Olga said...

Very clever, this is fantastic!!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is totally fun and delicious, all those wonderful and tasty looking sweets make my mouth water.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a clever way to use the sketch. I love the colours and wonderful sparkle
hugs Sue xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

ha ha! Your comment on my blog made me laugh, Vicki. Sounds like we both have to watch out for the CAS police :-)
LOVE your card. Those sweets look as though you could lift them right off the paper.
Caroline xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiii I want that candy..I want the chocolate one please...its looks like a real candy..so lovely and you are so clever using that sketch..I have seen it yesterday and I am STAG no idea no idea to make a card with that sketch and you are so clever my friend...really SWEET card like a candy that you made..hugs, Monika

Sue said...

Vicki, your card is sweet as candy. Love the red against the white. Wish I was better at CAS styple, but everyone has their own take on a card, that's what makes us all so different!

Hugs
Sue

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow This is awesome, just loving the CAS design and those candies are calling my name. Sweet and fun.
Hugs

Tammy said...

Too cute! Love how the candy looks lie its being dumped right into my hands!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a delightful card and a spectacular design. Such a fresh and fun design, Vicki!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. I love the popped up candies.

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, I'm so happy!!! I finally got one of your posting by mail!!! Your sweet as candy card is adorable it jumps right off the card, love the sparkles and the sequins, wonderful job.
Hugs Pat

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yum - o!!! This is so cute and love the glitz on the sentiment!

Deepti said...

Wow what a super sweet creations :) love the way u added dimension !

julieprice3 said...

What a pretty design. Nice work
Hugs Julie P

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful CAS card. I love your color choice and the way you incorporated the sequins.

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant one layer card and love the 3-D sweets and sparkly sweet
Carol x

nwilliams6 said...

This card is so darn cute! I love the candies and how you popped up some. The sequins add even more fun to the mix. Brilliantly done my friend. Hugz

Dana said...

Fabulous card!! I love your take on the sketch! The candy is so cute!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vicki :-) I love the whole design of this !! the 'sweet' die cut is fabulous ,,, love the sweeties too ,,, YUM ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome card Vicki! Love the tumbling treats! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge. :)

Asha said...

so perfectly CAS and fabulous, my friend! Love your treatment of the word "sweet".
hugs, Asha

Tammy said...

Oh what a fabulous CAS card Vicki!! I love all of the candies and your beautiful sparkly sentiment!!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a cool interpretation on the sketch! I think CAS is hard as well... The sequins are the perfect accent.

Tina Henderson said...

This is simply adorable! Love the colors and layout! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina - DT

Céline said...

gorgeous
hugs
céline

Beth said...

Vicki I just love this fun card and what you did with that title just ROCKs amazing....those candies are to cute and popping just a few of them up really gives it dimension.
Hugs

Lola said...

This is so SWEET! Wonderful little popped up candies and sequins.

Lisa S. said...

CAS is a hard style (for me) but this card is such a wonderful example of it. I love it Vicki!!! Have a great weekend. xx

Patti said...

OMGosh Vicki!! this card is so super cute!! no wonder you WON!! the prize at showCASe!! Congrats girl you deserve every honor : )

Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...