"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 17, 2016

It's Christmas over at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends! :)
I hope you have had a great week so far!  I know it may seem like I'm "hiding away", but I promise you I'm not, I'm just having a really busy time at this moment and have had some things going on at home along with finishing up all of my projects for my last month as Dirty Dozen design team over at Splitcoaststampers.  If you are a fan club member, I do hope you will stop by and see the gallery and perhaps play along with the theme this month.  It is absolutely stunning and everyone has done such an amazing job.  I will miss being apart of that, but I know that once a "dirty girl", always a "dirty girl"!   So of course I will pop in and see what's going on over there! :)  I have also made some great new friends over there and hope to stay in touch with them too!

Today, I'd like to with you that there's a brand new challenge up over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge for this week is Christmas....we can't wait to see what you come up with!
So come join us!

It's looong overdue that I get going on some Christmas cards, so I was very happy to play along with this particular challenge!  I know there were a few of you that left me a comment saying you needed to make some Christmas and were behind too!  So this is a great way to get one done!  Here's mine:
Well of course I just *had* to get this adorable Lawn Fawn set that was only available during the STAMPtember event from Simon Says Stamp called "Happy Howlidays".  It basically had my name written all over it! :)  Everything that I've used on this card for images came from this stamp set along with the coordinating dies.

I have used some Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Christmas paper pack, chili pepper cardstock (for card base) and peacock cardstock (for the layer behind the main image panel).  The gift box was paper pieced with the same plaid papers.  I popped up the box over top of the sitting doxie.  The snowflake background was created by stamping the snowflakes from the set and heat embossing them with clear EP.  I then went over top of them with blended distress inks of tumbled glass and peacock feathers.  I thought it best matched the card stock. Although the photo looks like the colors don't quite match up with the plaid papers, it really does if you were looking at it in person.  Sometimes photos just don't show up like you want them to!

I thought it would be fun to add a paw print die cut piece to the center of the bow in the ribbon.  The three snowflakes at the top right corner edge as well as the sentiment at the bottom were heat embossed with white EP.  You can somewhat see the faint paw prints along the right edge of the card base.  I wanted them to be subtle in the background, so I've used VersaMark ink to stamp them.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
From a different angle, you can see where I've colored in the small package with a gold gel pen and I've also used Wink of Stella for the glitter in the red ribbon on the larger package with the doggie.  I've also used Nuvo Crystal clear drops for the centers of each of embossed snowflakes.

I hope you've enjoyed my Christmas card today...and hope to making several more over the next few weeks!  Hope you can come join us over on the challenge blog this week!
Thanks for stopping by today!!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch Saturday - sketch

2.  Allsorts - Feature a Creature

3.  Challenge Up Your Life - Santa's Helpers



4.  Come and Get It - Ribbon or Twine

5.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Chrismtas Critters


37 comments:

Babs Watson said...

I love your gorgeously cute card and your little paw button, beautiful gingham paper too.

Hugs Babs x

Debra K. said...

This is sooo cute! I love the design and the little paw print on the ribbon. Beautifully blended background enhanced with the snowflakes, the Nuvo drops really add to them. A fabulous Christmas card Vicki! Debra x

Margreet said...

Love this card Vicki (you want my address☺☺?...the paperpiecing is so cool...love all of your tiny details too....in short: awesome card!
xxx Margreet

Heidi Stamps said...

That puppy in the box is just the sweetest thing! I love him! I like what you did with the sketch, too! Great card.

Lynn McAuley said...

I can't believe that your six months has gone by so quickly, Vicky! It seems like just yesterday we were kicking up the celebration!! The projects you did for the Dirty Dozen were always amazing and my favorites in the gallery.

I am busy getting Christmas cards going. This sweet pup popping out of your plaid box is sensational!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Vicki... your card is amazing and so sweet.. love it
Hugs
Anja

Lori Kobular said...

What an adorable Christmas card! I love that puppy in the gift box and that beautiful plaid paper! I have been on a real plaid paper kick lately and I think I have to have that paper!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Christmas card Vicki, love the cute image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

So adorable Vicki..love the paper pieced box and the snowflakes..great colour combo and the little paw on the bow is so cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

Precious plus! So cute, pretty and fun.
Lynn

Sarah said...

A really lovely card. You always manage to include so much detail on your creations, love the little paw prints on this one xx

Fiki said...

love this cute card!
hugs

Carol L said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the pawprint brad, and especially how the lid to the box is on the sweet doggie's head! Too cute!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Adorable Vicki!!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card and image, love the colours combo. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday. Agnieszka DT

Neva Zver said...

What a darling card! . Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Pri Created said...

Soooooo cute...the front panel is amazingly beautiful...love it...!!!

Lola said...

So adorable with all the little extras - including that cute little paw.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and embossing-great layout too
Carol x

Dawn Frost said...

Oh he is adorable I love how you popped up the lid! The paw brad is too cute!

aussie aNNie said...

Love the gorgeous colours used, amazing and delightful viewing creation.xx {aNNie}

laurie said...

So that's what you have been up too! I will check out the gallery. Love this card...cute image and such a pretty bow. That's a fun sketch too, I like how you used that plaid paper.Have a great day!

Virginia Lu said...

Oh...Vicki, this is simple adorable! You thought of a lot of fabulous details. The layering is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas Critters” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is so darn cute.

Pia S said...

Can it get much cuter than this!? I love it and I think the combo of red with blue looks beautiful. Love your take on this sketch!

maria f. said...

Awwww. Just love how you tied the PP in on the gift box too. What a sweet and punny card.

Team Clark said...

Isn't he the cutest! Great card layout! Hugs, Autumn

Donna said...

This is just adorable!

Monika Reeck said...

Hiyaaaaa that dog in GIFT package
too cuuutee
love the snow flakes too
your design alaways perfect Vicki
and the red with white sentiment is perfect added
love that paw on your ribbon bow
cute cuuute cuttee
love this much

Jerrie said...

This is pawsitively a perfect Christmas card! I love you use of the plaid and the whole card makes me smile!

Tammy said...

Awww this is sooo cute Vicki! I love that sweet little pup and your fabulous paper piecing!
Hugs, Tammy

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, another one of those cute pups! Love this sketch and everything you've done with it! Adorable!

Nonni said...

Too cute to be true, Vicki... I love the dog popping out from the present box and the colors you used are fab too. All and all an amazing, cute Christmas creation!

Shelly said...

Oh my! This is adorable, Vicki!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

This card is so cute :-) sweet little dog, a beautiful box and a wonderful arrangement of cards. Card perfect in every way.
Hugs,
BozenA

Maike from Maikreations said...

Such a lovely card! Love that you have made the card base look like a gift and that the gift in the images has the same colours as well ;o) Thank you for sharing over at the Challenge Up your Life Blog! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Asha said...

Oh my goodnessss! That card is just too cute! And he lets out a little woof too...aaaaaaaw!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...