"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Button, Button, Show Us Your Buttons at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Swinging by today to share a new challenge with you over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
For this week's challenge, we'd like to see some BUTTONS!
We can't wait to see your creations with this theme!

The card I made for this challenge, I've decided to raid my crafty stash and use up some of those buttons that have been around for a while.
This was a very easy concept, but it was actually a little time consuming more than anything and I was happy to have used up some more of my old stash to put this together.  The colors are a bit more soft in person than what it shows in this photo as well as looking a bit more muted for a Vintage look.  I think my lamp was shining over the heart and it brightened it up in this photo a bit.

To start, I have taken a heart die cut and ran it through my die cutting machine, but without cutting out the heart.  I just used the impression of the heart to give me an idea as to where to shape my heart design with the buttons.  I then took out several buttons, pearls, rhinestones and clear pebble gems and glued them all over the inside of the heart shape outline.  I started with the largest buttons and even added some thread through the biggest ones and glued them in place.  I then went from the next size and so on until there were only tiny spots left and that's where I either glued in the tiny pearls or added some liquid pearls or rhinestones to each space.  I tried to make them all coordinate in color and I wanted it to be a soft Victorian "shabby chic" type design,

I stamped the sentiment underneath the heart with the Whimsy Stamps Handmade From Me stamp set.  There was a tiny heart in the set that I used to stamp over the hearts in the sentiment with pink ink.  It just happened to be the right size.  I also took some ink and sponged around the edges of the button heart panel and distressed it with a distressing tool.  I then wrapped the pink seam binding ribbon around the bottom portion and mounted it onto a text background paper and then mounted that onto a pink A2 top folding card base.

Here's a closer view of the heart:
I wanted to be sure that all of the "items" within the heart stayed in place, so I decided to use some multi-matte medium and brush over top of that.  I thought I had made a huge mistake because you can faintly see the brush strokes over some of the buttons.  Then after looking at it (better in person than in this photo), I thought it gave it a more realistic Vintage look with a soft romantic feel and decided that it would work out just fine anyway.

I think this would make a great card for someone special to deliver in person! :)
Please be sure to drop by the Cute Card Thursday challenge and see what the design team has over there to inspire you with and play along!

Thanks so much for dropping in today!
 Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Inky Chicks - Anything Goes

2.  Everybody Art - Anything Goes

3.  Little Red Wagon - 2017 Resolutions
(I hope to be giving out more handmade cards and using up more of my crafty stash that's neglected!)
I don't do well with resolutions per say, but this is something I always strive for.

47 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Blogger is just not letting me leave a comment today, Bad Error it tells me for the fourth time, I will try again...
LOVE this gorgeous button heart card...xxx
{aNNie}

Debra K. said...

This is just gorgeous Vikki! My favourite style of card. Lovely choice of buttons and other little wonderful things. Wonderful sentiment enhanced with the pink heart stamped on it, great idea. Just love this! Debra x

Margreet said...

Awesome Vicki...love all your buttons and other stuff...your bow is gorgeous....love your project!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicki this is quite simply a beautiful creation those buttons and pearls look amazing, it must have taken a lot of love and patience to have completed the shape, it looks perfect, such lovely colours, superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Lynn McAuley said...

This is absolutely stunning, Vicki! That amazing button heart is a masterpiece! So very beautiful!

Mac Mable said...

Time consuming and so fabulous x Gorgeous colours and love the texture left on the buttons with the matte medium you used. Such a gorgeous card x

Danni said...

This is just so pretty!!

Davi said...

OH my Vicki this is FABULOUS!! The way you filled in the heart is beautiful and the distressing and pretty ribbon give is a most wonderful vintage look!! I LOVE this one!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

This is sooooo very Beautiful!!!!! I would like to try my hand at recreating this beauty!!!
hugs, Heidi

*Vicki* said...

It does that to me too when I leave several comments on blogger. :( I also noticed that the pop-up comment box doesn't leave you an option to click back to your comment to try it again without deleting what you just typed...so thinking of that, I've decided to make my comments embedded instead of with a pop-up box. This also gives me the option to reply to comments people leave which I cannot do with a pop up comment! :) Thanks so much for your kind comments my friend!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the beautiful way you have used the buttons with the pearls to create this heart.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Diane said...

Just gorgeous Vicki, what a wonderful way to use button and gems.

Hugs Diane

Lori Kobular said...

OMG Vicki!!! Your card is so precious! I love the vintage feel with the buttons! I have tons of buttons and I think you just motivated me to try them on some cards! This is such a beautiful Valentine's Day card! Someone is going to treasure it!!

Nonni said...

Your shabby chic heart is gorgeous! Very successful vintage-feel, I love the colors you chose. Great idea to use the heart die this way too.

Sarah said...

Totally gorgeous, such a wonderful design and the olde worlde shabby pink colours look so pretty. I have about a million buttons so really should join in!! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely stunning love the heart full of beautiful buttons and pearls
Carol x

LeAnne said...

STUNNING! Oh be still my button-lovin' heart! This is just fabulous!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous Valentine card, Vicki! I love the combination of buttons and pearls! Hugs, de

Carol L said...

This is such a fabulous card, and so beautifully crafted with all of those great buttons! I LOVE how you created this! Every detail is amazing!! Now I wish I hadn't given away all my buttons :(

Jennifer said...

SO very beautiful! I love the lovely soft vintagness and the sweet buttons you used. Love your bow to! perfect touch!

Monika Reeck said...

From my Mobile phone too if it is pop up comment section it doesnt show me also i have to go to my computer to commenting I am sorry for my delay dear Vicki
I want to comment on my way to office but no chance ooh ooh
Now for this adorable card
woooowww you really GLUE ing it so tidy no rest of glue there woooow Vicki
I am not so good at using glue haha (my bad point) will try to join this fun challenge and your card woooww SUPER B
try to catch up now but will do the rest at home at weekend hehe :)
hugs from Munich
Monika

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks lovely, will try the embedded too.xx{aNNie}

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic collection of buttons and gems, Vicki! Love how you made the heart. I really do need to remember to dig out the buttons more often. They get neglected at my house. :-D

Patti J said...

Wow, what an absolutely stunning design! This should definitely be in a frame front and center, for all to see!!! Beautifully done!

Wendy said...

Just popped over from Cute Card Thursday, love your card so much, it's absolutely gorgeous! Now following you, look forward to seeing more :)
Wendy xx

Wendy said...

So sorry, put that comment first about following you and then when I finshed I went to follow you and it's coming up Forbidden Error 403 :( will keep trying x

Wendy said...

Yay! it's now worked :)

Donna said...

What a great idea and your distressing adds to the elegant vintage look!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

WOW! But beautiful card! You wonderfully matched all the items you beautifully completed all corners of the tiny pearls. And what did you do with the edge of the central panel is a real championship. I love the soft shadow on the edge of card
Hugs,
BożenA

MaryH said...

Oh I DO like this. (Used to collect buttons,so always happy to see them in a card technique). Loved your idea of embossing the heart shape to lay out the buttons & jewels, and I can well imagine the placement & adhering was a bit tedious. But oh it was worth it, since this is a fabulous look. Clever idea to combine the buttons & jewels too, Love it! TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Fiki said...

love this gorgeous card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is stunning!! I LOVE all of the buttons & pearls and the fabulous vintage design! Absolutely gorgeous card my friend!
hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

what a brilliant idea I love this fab card. This would be a great project for our craft group might just take your idea its so lovely love and hug Carole x

Brenda said...

Vicki, this is such a beautiful way to use your "stash"! Both of your goals are near to my heart and things I continually strive for. I so appreciate you sharing your beautiful card with us at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

WOW Vicki this is stunning! I mean that from the bottom of my heart! I am so drawn to this that I saved it to my computer to try and CASE it later. I think this has got to be one of the most gorgeous cards I have ever seen, literally! It is definitely soft, romantic and vintage. Anyone who knows me knows that I love anything vintage, so right away it scored points with me! I love the colors and the simplicity of the rest of the card... it may have been time consuming but worth every single minute of time you devoted to this. I LOVE it!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

laurie said...

This is so beautiful I would never give it away! How gorgeous!!!

Babs said...

This really is so gorgeous Vicki , I love all those buttons, the colours are so lovely and a beautiful design..
For some reason all my followers have vanished, please could you be kind enough to to follow me again.
Many thanks
Hugs Babs x

Babs said...

Thank you Vicki for your help, one of my other blog friends has lost her followers too and some others, but blogger say they are trying to solve the problem, so I hope they do..

Hugs Babs x

Pia S said...

Oh, this certainly looks gorgeous. And vintage like as well as shabby chic. A great design ida for using bits and bobs from your stash. Inspiring!

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow Vicki what a masterpiece, I love how you used the buttons and pearls, the card is stunning.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Vicki this is so beautiful ...fit to frame and hang on your wall
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Donna Heber said...

So creative! Love how you did the buttons and heart.

Donna said...

OMG Vicki, this is FAB-U-LOUS and there's that gorgeous pink card again. You must have the patience of a saint to position the buttons and pearls but the end result is stunning! x♥ Donna ♥x

Dawn Frost said...

Wow gorgeous button card!

Jerrie said...

What a fantastic card! I love all the buttons and pearls! This is a wowza card!!

Team Clark said...

Anything with buttons gets me, but I adore your crafty heart and especially the tiny pearl fillers, how clever!!! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, anything with buttons and a heart captures me! I LOVE this card, and what pretty colors and a fabulous bow! Love this idea of using buttons and pearls! I totally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...