"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Snow Much Thanks

Hello there friends!
Hope you are all doing well and finding some crafty time for yourself.
I have decided to change my blog design as I wanted to go back to the simple design I had before. I had spent quite a bit of time making my own banner and wanted to use it again and I'm glad I changed it.  I keep thinking I need to "change up" my blog, but I always seem to go back to this...maybe it's a sign telling me to leave things alone! LOL!

I would also like to note a couple of observations that I've found recently about this particular month.
The month of January includes "National Hobby Month" and the second week in January is also National "Letter Writing Week", so I thought it would be a great idea to make a thank you card with a personal note inside.  I have been playing again with another card kit:
I've pulled out the Simon Says Stamp January 2017 card kit to make a fun shaker card design!
I used this pretty pink card stock from the kit to make a card base as well as cut out a frame with the MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames to cut out a frame with the same card stock.  I've also used the blue tinted vellum (also from the kit) for the front panel of my shaker design.  Although a bit hard to tell in the photo, I've also used some of the decorative papers from the kit and used that as my background for the shaker.  You can see all of the shaker contents inside as well as on the outside of the card.

I stamped the snowflakes with the "Frozen Fractals" stamp set from the kit with the Delicata White Shimmer ink cube and then went over that with some white EP. before attaching it to the inside scallop frame that I cut out.

For the banner, I've stamped the sentiment from the stamp set over a piece of white card stock and cut out my own banner shape to attach to the inside of the scallop frame.  I then added the sequins on the outside and dotted the centers with some silver Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Here's a closer look at the design:
Here you can get a better look at the sparkle from the sequins as well as the shimmer that comes from the snowflakes.

Although a bit simple in design, I love the sparkly and shimmery snowflakes!
I thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you've enjoyed my shaker card and got inspired in some way! :)  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes
2.  Moving Along with the Times - Something in the Air
3.  Make My Monday - A Winter's Walk
4.  Creative Corner - Anything Goes
5.  Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
6.  TIME OUT - Winter (optional twist is white on white)
7.  Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Something New with NEW product

37 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty, Vicki!

Stef H said...

soooooooo pretty.. and there's no purple! LOL

hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Love the 'New' blog design, so fresh..I tried last year and got in all sorts of bother..sorted now but nearly lost it all! Such a pretty card today and love the sentiment x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Vicki those snowflakes are truly wonderful I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Babs Watson said...

Hello my friend , this is so lovely beautiful snowflake stamps and a fabulous design..

Hugs Babs x

Wendy L said...

A gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

Margreet said...

Beautiful...gorgeous snowflakes Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, love the snowflakes.
Hugs
Linda xxx

MiamiKel said...

What a fun color combo, Vicki! This is so striking - just as fresh and beautiful as a new fallen snow! (well, fresh ocean sand for us - LOL!) Love those snowflakes and great idea to have thank you cards on hand! Hugs!!

Heidi Stamps said...

The pink is such a cute accent to the blue snowflake background, and the snowflakes are just so ornate! Love it! It is great to write some letters this week!

Sarah said...

Now then, I have a theory...if you keep going back to somefhing it has to be right, hence your return to this stylish blog banner, its perfect for you and does what it says on the tin!! Always guaranteed a smile here Vicki!! Love fhis card, the pink frame is really lovely and the snowflakes are fantastic xx

Pia S said...

Pink and blue, I don't think I've ever combined these two colors, but they look so pretty together. Very yummy and sweet in fact. The shaker parts can be seen but they're not overpowering the pretty and clean front, I do love this.

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! I'm not a big fan a snow or snowflakes (They have to be shoveled...smile) But I really like the look of your snowflakes on your card!

Lola said...

So pretty and gorgeous snowflakes. So very interesting to use pink - and it works perfectly.

Fiki said...

love your card!
its so pretty!
and thank you very much for adorable card that you send me!
love it!
lots of hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Sian said...

This is a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian (DT).

Carol L said...

THis is such a pretty shaker card, and I love that you used vellum instead of acetate for the shaker panel! The white flakes look beautiful on the blue and the sparkle of all those pretty sequins brings this card to life! Beautiful!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the snowflakes
Carol x

JD/ Jill said...

Thank you for following me, Vicki! You helped to brighten up my day!

sandie said...

I also think of changing my blog design but then think how much I love it-yours looks great.
And what a great combo blue and pink-love the shaker design ad thanks for joining Time Out

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome color mix and feel to this super card, Vicki. Hugz

Lori Kobular said...

Love your pretty snowflakes and the sentiment is too much fun!

Jackie Reader said...

What a pretty, fun card Vicki. Love it. Jackie (MAWTT DT)

Sue - said...

A lovely shaker card. Really like the pink with the blue! Thanks for joining us at MMM.

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki, I love what you've done with the SSS card kit! Stunning snowflakes and gorgeous shaker design!
Hugs, Tammy

Bożena Adamusińska said...

just the color of the sky is full of snow! I love the dark overcast sky, which a moment sprinkles delicate white snowflakes. It is magic and you magic is captured on your card. Beautiful!
Hugs,
BozenA

Diane said...

Love the 'New' blog design Vicki. Your color combination and snowflake pattern are so pretty.

Hugs Diane

Patti J said...

Gosh, girl...I just love this color combination! Beautifully done, as always :) Made me happy!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

Ah this is very pretty!!! I got this kit and have yet to use it!!!
hugs, Heidi

Monika Reeck said...

Wowzaaaa
Pink and blue...I never combine it
and you did it so adoable
that stamp embossing in white is totally adorable love love this Vicki
hugs
Monika

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE the white EP for your snowflakes. They are so perfect on the deep blue paper. Nice sparkle from the sequins. :-D

Donna said...

Gorgeous and like the color combo and sparkle!

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty to accompany the dancing snowflakes with the dancing sparkles of sequins, Vicki! It's a delightful card! Hoping you have a great week-end! hugs, de

Anita in France said...

Delicate, soft and so shimmery, Vicki ... so very pretty with the white embossing against the blue vellum! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Cazro said...

A lovely card, with very pretty snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
Happy New Year to you and yours.
What a very wonderful card, and such pretty colours and stamps used.
I really love this super card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Irene said...

Thank you so much for sharing your project at Creative Corner Challenges. I love your card, beautiful colors!
Irene DT Member

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...