"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 5, 2017

So What's New? Cute Card Thursday Wants to Know!

Hello there friends!!
Welcome to 2017!!
I sure hope that you've had a wonderful Holiday Season and are ready and raring to go for the New Year by now! :)  I have been enjoying some extra time with my hubby while he had a couple of days off which actually felt pretty short to me, but I enjoyed it!  I also enjoyed spending time with family for food, fun and games.  It's always nice to make more memories with everyone.  I'm expecting that this year will have some great new ones to add as well! :)

I would also like to take a minute to thank ALL of my friends that took some time to make and send me a Christmas card.  I think I have thanked each one personally, but I wanted to add it here to make sure that I have.  I treasure them all so much and I'm so blessed to have such talented and giving friends.

So now I'd like to get on with the New Year by sharing with you a new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week we'd like to see "What's New?" on your creations!
(as always please interpret this challenge in your own way.)

Here's what I've made for this challenge:
Yay for NEW card kits!! :)  If you have seen my Christmas creations that I made with a card kit and what my experience was with one, then you know that I've gotten really hooked on card kits now! LOL!  I love the idea of the challenge of trying to use up as many pieces from the kit as possible to create several cards from one kit all with different looks too!  Although I've only started out with one card from this particular kit, I know I'll be going back again and finishing it out because I think this one is very versatile and fits many different occasions and seasons.

I have pulled out my *new* MFT Fancy Flowers card kit.  (I'm surprised that it's not sold out yet...it's usually sold out very quickly once available!)  I really fell in love with the design of the flowers and all of the options for using them on cards.  I also really liked that the dies came with it and the colors of the card stock in the kit were pretty cool too!

So I took a piece of white card stock from the kit and then pulled out my *new* MFT Die-namics Stitched Scallop Basic Edges to cut the bottom portion of an A2 sized top folding card base. I also took the "smile" die from the kit and lined that up above the edge die and cut that out as well.  I then took a piece of the purple card stock from the kit and stamped one of the flowers from the kit with the same color of ink and then attached it to the top portion of the die cut card base.  I've also taken the same flower and stamped the envelope shown underneath the card. (Envelopes come in the kit too!)

I stamped, colored with Copics and cut out the flowers with the coordinating dies from the kit, but when arranging them on my card, I decided to mask off the bottom portion of the card and took an ink blending tool and sponged on some MFT Summer Splash ink over the top white portion of the card base to add a bit of color.  I then arranged my flowers and attached them with liquid glue as well as foam tape for dimension on some.

I die cut the "smile" die one more time from some gold foil card stock and glued them to inlay inside the die cut letters from the white card base.  Lastly, I added some gold sequins to the design.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can better see the shine of the gold foil card stock on the letters as well as the other small details that I've added.  I covered the flowers with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and used a gold gel pen for a few dots and then I've added some glossy accents to the centers of each flower.  I've also taken some gold Nuvo Crystal drops and added it to the center of the sequins.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation and got inspired to get creative for the New Year! :)
Be sure to hop on over to the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog to see what else is new with the other DT creations and link up your project to share with us too!  We love seeing what you make!

I will be back shortly with another special post to share with you...you won't want to miss it!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Crafty Friends - Anything Goes

2.  Allsorts - something new (new products)

3.  My Time to Craft - Something new (new stash!)

4.  A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

5.  Get Creative - Anything Goes

6.  Little Red Wagon - Something New (stash!)

7.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - New Something

31 comments:

Rahmat said...

Happy new year Vicki, what a cute card, I love all the purple here, and the details on the flowers is lovely, beautiful layout too.

aussie aNNie said...

What an amazingly gorgeous card Vicki, the set sure is gorgeous. Wish I lived closer and could order these, postage is too much, but love this.xxx{aNNie}

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow Vicki this card is just stunning, I love the design and this fantastic flower stamp. I wish I could get the set but its just not to be so will just admire and love the colours you have used and the finishing touch with the glossy accents, truly wonderful.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is a beautiful card Vicki the flower and sentiment really stand out I love the sparkle and colours it makes you feel happy just looking at it.
hugs
lorraine x

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I love the blue and purple flower, it is gorgeous! Gorgeous card! Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Chrissy said...

Now this is just gorgeous Vicki..I love the colours and glossy centres on the flowers with the sparkle on the petals..really gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card. Soft delicate colours, great layout and beautiful colouring x

LeAnne said...

SO pretty...fresh and springy and just gorgeous! Love the colors!

Lola said...

Great design and so pretty with all the shine and sparkle. Really like the color combo too.

Birte - CardArtStudio.com said...

That stamp set really is very beautiful and I love the colours you used an the details you added!

Pia S said...

The colors are beautiful, great job inking and I like that you made a coordinating paper too. Flowers are perfectly glittery and shiney. A fresh look!

Fiki said...

your card is gorgeous!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is Gorgeous!! I love the colors, layout and all of the beautiful flowers! Awesome new goodies! :)
Hugs, Tammy

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, bright and cheerful x
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Something New' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Vicki great card kit and love the bright Spring colours
Carol x

JanR said...

Lovely card! I just adore the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Margreet said...

This is so beautiful, Vicki...great colors and pretty details!
xxx Margreet

Tracy Freeman said...

Oh wow this is pretty, beautiful colours and I love the sparkle.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Helene E said...

Lovely colours! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Sarah said...

The colours here are gorgeous...together with the fab design of course xx

Scrappin Sue said...

Fantastic
It made me smile that's for sure
Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

Donna said...

Wiw Vicki, this is beautiful. Love the colours together and your very clever design to incorporate the lettering. A really pretty card! :) Donna ♥ x

laurie said...

LOVE this!!! I just got those MFT edges myself, but haven't used them yet. Love how you used them on your card!

Donna said...

Gorgeous design and coloring Vicki!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I love this card. Beautiful colors and wonderful arrangement of cards.
hugs,
BozenA

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the colour combo and the shimmer and gold on the flowers looks wonderful

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge with your gorgeous card. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back for our next challenge. Happy New Year.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

JD/ Jill said...

This really is a CUTE card. I really like the colors!

nwilliams6 said...

This is cute!! Great colors and details and coloring and papers. Wow. REally special card, Vicki. Hugz

Leslie said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Crafty Friends "Anything Goes" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, Crafty Friends DT
Love To Scrap!

Monika Reeck said...

funtastic flower and coloring Vicki
I adore the glossy accent and the shimmery there
love all the purple our fav color combo in this card
GREAT made
My friend
hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...