"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

STAMPlorations January CAS Card Challenge (Reminder)!

Hello friends!
I'm swinging by to remind you about the
STAMPlorations January CAS Card Challenge
It's still going on and you have until January 31st to play along!

Here's the theme for this month:
Show us your CAS creations with or without the twist!  Please see the blog challenge post for complete details on entering.  I've been really enjoying the entries so far!

I've got more inspiration for you using this challenge theme:
For my card today, I thought I'd use more gray with a touch of silver on my design.

This was such a fun and easy card to put together!  I like how it turned out!
I've used the STAMPlorations Sentiment Builders:  Love to stamp the wording in the background with some Slate Gray ink over a white card front panel.  After stamping the words, I took the same color of ink and used my ink blending tool to create a gray "shadow" effect for my heart from the Funny Kinda Love stamp set that I heat embossed with silver EP and then colored it in with my Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I did this to all three hearts and then fussy cut them out to attach over the word background.  I took some silver thread to make a "nest" behind the larger heart and popped it up with some foam tape behind it.  The smaller hearts were glued down.

I took one of the edge dies from the CUTplorations ATC Tag Builder to create the border at the top of the white card panel.  I then used my ink blending tool again to take the negative of the border die to create a shadow effect with it on the gray card base.  (I had to cut the border twice across my card as it wasn't long enough to pass through just one time.)

Before attaching the white card front to the gray card base, I took another strip of gray card stock and white heat embossed the sentiment from the Funny Kinda Love set and made my own banner with it.  I then took my stapler to attach it along the edge of the white card front panel.  Lastly, I attached it so that the bottom of the white card front was even with the bottom of the gray card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can better see the silver embossed hearts and silver thread.  You can also see where I've added some Wink of Stella clear glitter over the hearts for a bit of shimmer.

Hope you've enjoyed my card today and got inspired to join along with us for this challenge!
Be sure to check out the blog for more inspiration from the rest of the team!

Thanks so much for dropping by today!
See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Just Us Girls - Stamping All Over


2.  A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

3.  Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

4.  Crafty Gals Corner - Add a Heart

33 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my gosh - my heart melted a little bit. This is SO sweet!!! I love the layers of tone on tone stamping at the border! <3 this!

Heidi Stamps said...

That pink is so beautiful it just pops off the page! Really lovely card!

Donna said...

Fabulous card, like that extra touch of the silver thread and that heart with the silver embossing is stunning Vicki!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is awesome!!

Chrissy said...

I love this card design Vicki..the hearts just pop and love the added threads behind and such a neat word stamp in the soft greys with their shadows..FABulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I really like how this beautiful heart emerges from the gray in the background! Looks amazing!
I'm waiting for you at Darnell :-) already little time, get to work Vicki :-))
Hugs,
Bożena

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! I love the stamped background and all of the hearts, gorgeous color combo too! Perfect card for Valentines Day or an anniversary!
Hugs, Tammy

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Valentine's Day card! I love your hearts!

Bobby said...

The stamped sentiments looks wonderful behind those lovely silver edged hearts, Vicki. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Sarah said...

This is fantastic Vicki and the time you must have spent is far from CAS, its a work of art!! xx

Ina G said...

Wow! Vicki this is awesome. So many different elements added here that they just marry together beautifully. Love the shimmer on your hearts. So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week with this beauty.

Carol L said...

Impressive is what this card is! I love that tone on tone stamping at the top, as well as the splash of darker color underneath the heart. The silver filament seals the whole deal here for one great card! L.O.V.E.

nwilliams6 said...

Love the color combo but my fave part is that shading you did behind the heart. Fab idea and it makes the heart pop! Wow. I am doing well - hope you are too sweet girl! Hugz

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW - love it!! This card packs a punch! Impressive what you achieved with only two colors!

Patti J said...

Wow! Loving this! Totally smitten with the colors, and those little hearts have stolen mine! Hugs...

Aileen Ryan said...

Fabulous card Vicki, the grey and pink together are wonderful. That pink really is vibrant, just makes the card really pop. Love it

Debra K. said...

What a wonderful card design Vicki! Lovely colour combination. I love the glittery hearts with the silver nest behind the biggest. A really fabulous CAS card. Debra x

Suchi said...

This card is so impressive!! This card is WOWWWWWWWWWW Vicki!! So glad to have you with us at STAMPlorations! :)
Hugs xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely CAS card and gorgeous hot pink heart.xx{aNNie}

Monika Reeck said...

oh wooowwww I love the border at the top of your card Vicki and only two colors you did the best
Love the string there too...
the heart makes me melted too
ADORABLE MADE my friend I love your only two color combo here pink and grey
will remember your idea Vicki
hugs
Monika

Nonni said...

So many fun details here! I love the pink with grey and all the creative ideas you had. Great job!

Pia S said...

I think you've added some clever details on here that are really effective and adds 'that special something' to your modern CAS design. Love it!

Donna said...

Wow Vicki, this is absolutely stunning especially in red and grey...great addition with the silver thread and I NEED to get me some wink of stellar it's added such a lovely sheen! x♥ Donna ♥x

Ksenija said...

Vicki, this is such a great card! Love your play with grey, silver and red. - Sweet Kobylkin

CHRISTINA HOR said...

What a beautiful technique having the gray/silver background Vickie. The red heart truly made a bold and beautiful statement. This is my first time hearing about this challenge group. It been so long since I participate in many challenges. Will have to make an effort to join this one next month. Thanks for sharing.

Jerrie said...

Vicki, this card is just fabulous! I love how you have stamped thewords, and shadowed under theheart. The silver string and staple in the sentiment with that big heart is awesome! This card is a winner!

Pri Created said...

What a beautiful card...the colour combination is so awesome...grey and red look fab together...!!

Andrea, said...

Great card Vicki, love the silver thread

Team Clark said...

I just love CAS Valentines, and this is a favorite! What a beautiful use of grey and thread! My favorite crafty season, what fun! Hugs, Autumn

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic Valentine, Vicki! Your sweet little sentiment in the corner is a darling idea for highlighting a sentiment! And your background sentiment is a GREAT IDEA! The embossed hearts, so carefully fussy cut out, and metallic fiber also bring the unexpected. I love this card - so many techniques utilized to create a sweet piece of artwork! Happy Tuesday, V! xo

Rahmat said...

This is absolutely beautiful with the pop of red, gorgeous!

Kristina said...

Great design - love the silver with the red. Thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...