"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Anything Goes at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Welcome to March!  It looks like Spring is coming in like a lion!  It was so windy and cold yesterday, but I'm so ready for Spring to come alive outside! :)

Today I wanted to share with you a new challenge up over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
This week is a super easy "Anything Goes"!  We can't wait to see you creations!

I have been playing around with my new Ranger Oxide inks and so I thought it would be fun to create a tag for this challenge:
I have only played a little bit with my new inks, but what I've experienced so far is really quite amazing!  These inks are a bit different than it's known counterparts of "distress" inks and they are very creamy looking when you apply it!  (If I have some time, perhaps I can share a tutorial on what I've learned about them.)

I've used a Ranger manila tag for my base and took some Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Wilted Violet Oxide inks and the ink foam blending tool to cover the tag and spritzed with water and layered on my more colors and spritzed and played around with the design until I felt I was done.  I really like how it turned out.  (I did the same thing with the bottom layer of the butterfly, but I only used the Wilted Violet Oxide ink for that.

I took the TH bubble stencil and a sponge dauber to use over places on the tag with white ink and then I used the TH Lace Layering stencil and used some Faber-Castell Gold Texture Luxe to go over the tag along the left edge of the design.   I stamped the Impression Obsession Brush Border at the bottom with the Wilted Violet ink and then I stamped the sentiment from the Dyan Reaveley The Right Words stamp set with Ranger Jet Black ink.

For the butterfly, I took the MFT Flutter of Butterflies - Solid die and cut it out with white card stock and worked the Wilted Violet ink over it.  I then took the MFT Flutter of Butterflies - Lace die and cut it out with black card stock and glued it over top of the solid.  I put some foam tape on the bottom and made a nest with some gold thread before I attached it to the tag.  I've also taken some Inka-Gold and went over the gold embossing paste and along the edges of the tag.

Lastly, I took some gold glitter enamel dots and added them to the tag and attached some blue seam binding ribbon at the top of the tag that I sprayed with gold shimmer and crunched it up.

Here's a closer look at the background and butterfly details:
You can see the cool look of the oxide inks on the tag and also on the butterfly.
It's hard to see in the photo, but I've also used my Wink of Stella glitter pen over the butterfly on the purple areas.

Now head on over to the Cute Card Thursday blog to check out the rest of the inspiration from the design team and link up your creation with us!

Hope you've enjoyed my tag and please stayed tuned in for another post coming soon! :)
P.S.  Please let me know if you're interested in learning more about these new Oxide Inks in the comments below!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Day Friday - Anything Goes

2.  Crafty Gals Corner - Add Ribbon

3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Tag You're It

4.  Crafting by Designs (March) - Anything Goes

5.  Tuesday Throwdown - Things with Wings

6.  A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

29 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation on your tag Vicki, I am wanting to try these ranger oxide stamps but everyplace here in Oz is sold out...they sure look lovely.xx[aNNie]

Debra K. said...

This is fantastic Vicki! I love the colour combination you've used which have made a really impressive background. The stencilling and gold covered paste look wonderful. I like the sentiment very much. The butterfly is a perfect focal point and beautifully done. I really, really love this :). Debra x

Kim said...

That background is amazing! I love the distressed look and that gold knocked it out of the park. Gorgeous!

Margreet said...

Your tag is amazing with those oxide inks...I have ordered them too....lovely details!
xxx Margreet

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the background and wonderful colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol L said...

This looks simply amazing!! I love all of those wonderful details and especially the colors! Keep having fun with those new inks - you and several others may have pushed me over the edge into buying some :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Wow, wow, WOW!! This is awesome, Vicki!! What stunning work!!

Olga Jewell said...

Beautiful tag Vicki!!!!

MaryH said...

Love the effects you've created on this pretty tag (especially like the gold paste embossing with the specific colors you've chosen in the palette). I like the stamping too. Waiting on my oxides to be delivered, and I would love to see you share your tutorial! TFS & Hugs

Team Clark said...

Oh Vicki, you've created such a stunning background with the DOXs. I love the sharp black butterfly and gorgeous gold stencil work. Love! Hugs, Autumn

sue k said...

Beautiful tag, wonderful background and color combo. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Sue - Jo's Scrap Shack DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous tag Vicki..I love the colours and the gold..fabulous butterfly and perfect sentiment..

Luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

Takes my breath away with it's beauty! Wow! Vicki, this is stunning.
Lynn

Fiki said...

love this tag!
it is gorgeous!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, what a gorgeous tag!! I love the background and the gold texture luxe is stunning!
Hugs, Tammy

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous tag I've got to do more of them!

Asha said...

Oh great! How can I not get the Oxides after seeing your amazing card. The colours are fabulous and the gold stenciling us gorgeous. Awesome tag, Vicki. Love everything about it. Looking forward to the tutorial. :)
hugs Asha

Jerrie said...

I have been thinking of getting the oxides. The colors on your tag are so vibrant! What a great to showcase spring!

Mac Mable said...

Wow those oxides are fabulous. You have done a great job with them...they are on my wish list! Gorgeous colours on your tag, love the gold paste and that ever so pretty butterfly. Perfect sentiment and perfect tag x

Nonni said...

What a cool mixed media look. I truly admire your ability of making cards/tags in so many different styles.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and great embossing -love it
Carol x

Christine said...

This is breathtaking! Lovely background and gold embossing. Thank you for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Christine
DT Member

Jana Forrest said...

What a beautiful bookmark. The colors are amazing. Thank you for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Jana ~ DT/CGCC

Heidi Stamps said...

Beautiful background and I just love the gold accent! Really fun with the new inks!!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear
I love all
that GOLD stunning added love the stencil you have
the butterfly in black and purple (our fav color) so beautiful with that BG too Vicki
love the sentiment too
sweeet Tag and STUNNING
I joined too the challenge you are DT on it
hope you like my TAG card Vicki
hugs
Monika

Maureen Reiss said...

Sooooo Pretty!!! Love the colors with the gold paste!!

Gayatri said...

The gold embossing paste is a nice touch. Gorgeous tag. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Tag You're It Challenge. Gayatri xx

Donna said...

Your tag is just stunning Vicki, every detail is amazing! I'm having fun catching up, I've been on vacation!

Jacqueline Valade said...

Love the results of your tag Vicki. I just ordered the oxide inks and can't wait until I get them in my hot little hands next week. I just hope my results are half as awesome as yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...