"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, August 11, 2017

Flashback Friday Continues With More Fun & Games!

Hello friends!
Things seem to slow down a bit in August for many people.  I see people going on vacations especially before that back to school time starts up again, which for me is only my youngest going to college.  We seem to stay busy doing our own thing and enjoy our time together when hubby is not working so hard.  :)  Our "travel  & relax time" will come some day!

*As I mentioned in my June (2017) "Flashback Friday" posts, that although these are previously made creations, I have never posted them on my blog up until now.  The only way you may have seen them before is if you are apart of the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club, as I made these last year during my time as a Dirty Dozen DT member and only SCS fan club members would've been able to see them.  I am posting them here for you as a "Flashback Friday" post so that those of you who are not fan club members are still able to see what I created for it.  I was not allowed to post them anywhere else at that time until 6 months had passed...so now I'm sharing them a year later with you as they were shown on SCS.  I hope you enjoy these creations clear up until the end of November!*

--------------------------------------
  The theme for the month of August was:  "Fun & Games"!
--------------------------------------

The two cards that I'm sharing with you today are close to my heart as I am reminded of my loved ones and having so much fun with them!

This first card brings up some fun times with my boys and of course Mocca.  (My sweet pet doxie!)
To see the original upload on SCS - CLICK HERE (fan club members only)

Here's what I said about this on the SCS upload:
It's a kite! It's a butterfly! NO! It's a flying doxie!! LOL! What could be more fun than this? I thought another shaker card would make it fun too! :)

When my boys were in grade school, the school had a special kite flying day where they would ask the parents to come and participate with their child outside to fly their kite. It was so fun seeing all of the students with their kites in the air at the same time. What was fun for me was that I was able to go and spend time with my child on this special day with him. And if you know me, then you know how I love my pet doxie Mocca! She's always so super fun to play with....even in our "old" age together, we both take a couple of minutes each day to toss around her toys! :)


This was a fun one to create.  I love making shaker cards anyway! :)  I took the cloud dies cut out (I like to use acetate sheets so that I can wipe them off and use them over and over again.) and sponged around them with different colors of distress inks to make it more colorful.  I cut out some clouds to attach them to the forefront of the shaker on the acetate and another stitched cloud border die at the bottom of the design where I've added a sentiment.

The stamp set that I've used comes from Newton's Nook Delightful Doxies stamp set.  If you look closely at the design, you can see that I've really glittered up that butterfly floating above the doxie.  I've also used some foam tape underneath the clouds and doxie for stability and to also use it as a "bumper" to catch the sequins so they didn't just drop down to the bottom of the card.

----------------------------------------------
For my second card I am reminded of sports both past and present:
To see the original upload on SCS - CLICK HERE (fan club members only)

Here's what I said about it on the SCS upload:
Sports are such a huge part of my family since my boys were old enough to play T-ball! They've been in almost every sport that has been offered to them all through college! The football season is also fast approaching and we are big fans of watching football. (We like to root for the Chicago Bears which is why I've used those particular colors for the "Game On" button. LOL!)

These make for great masculine cards and I end up making several different sport type cards for all of the men in my life...who mostly like sports. :) So are you ready for some football?!!!

The football season has actually just started up and the Chicago Bears have started their pre-season game last night which we watched especially since they've just re-built their team...so it shall be an interesting season!

This football card is just the right size to put into an A2 envelope which is what I love about it.  I've used my Cricut Explore machine to cut the football card pattern and then I ran it through my Big Shot machine to emboss the texture on the outside of the football.  I ran some ink over it to give a bit of a realistic look and then aded the lines, stitches and stamped game on button.

Thanks so much for dropping by today!
I hope you've enjoyed my Flashback Friday share and be sure to come back next week because I will have more to share with this theme!

Have a beautiful weekend friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


20 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! (or should I say "bow wow"! LOL Vicky, your cloud studded background is GORGEOUS! I've never seen anything like it, and it's amazing! Your little doxie is just so beautifully colored, rising into those incredible clouds via kite-flight! Love the shaker stars. It's a wonderful card in every way! Wishing you a great week-end, my friend! hugs, de

Tammy said...

Oh what a fun shaker card Vicki!! I love the inky background and all of the stitched clouds, adorable pup too! What a fabulous football card too, I love the awesome texture! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Dotty Jo x said...

Great makes! That sweet little pup has simply captured my heart, Jo x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness the first card is adorable and loving the second card great for a male sport fanatic. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh Vicki, I so enjoyed reading your post. Great memories and such fun with family. Amazing cards and I absolutely love the first one...the flying Mocca x That dog stamp is so cute and love the face x Clever second football card with the cricut cutting and the dry embossing x You always are so attentive to detail and I just love that and so appreciate it x You have a lovely weekend too and cross my fingers that travel and relax time will come soon x

Lois Wyche said...

Vicki I'm in love with both of your cards today. They both are very impressive in the design, coloring and technique. Thanks for sharing.

Shelly said...

Happy Friday, Vicki! :)
These are both so sweet! I just love your background and shaker card! And that football?!...That is just darn right awesome! Loving the texture on it!
Have a great weekend...Hugs

Lori Kobular said...

Oh what an adorable and fun shaker card! I love the background sky you created! Love the kite that Newton is flying around by! Your card makes me smile!!

Carol L said...

YOur doxie shaker card is phenomenal!! I LOVE how you put it all together, and the football card is perfect with the kick-off to the new season in the wings! Great makes today - especially that floating dox :)

Fiki said...

Love it!
so pretty!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

OMG! It's amazing! I love the stunning background, so colorful and joyful. I have not seen such a beautiful card for so long!
The second card is unique because of its shape. Perfect for a boyfriend. WOW, an exceptional card
Thank you for the inspiration :-)

Debra K. said...

Two fantastic cards Vicki! I absolutely love your doxie shaker card. Fabulous inked cloud background just perfect for your 'flying' doxie. This is such a delightful card design. Your second card is perfect for your soccer mad guys. I love how you've added texture to the ball. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Fun, fun fun, love love love, these are awesome.xx [aNNie]

jimlynn said...

I love both of these Vicki but you already know my heart belongs to that little doxie! I loved it when you first posted it and love it even more now. The background for him is so pretty and I love that card.
Football season is right around the corner once again and this is great for that special fan.
Two wonderful cards.
Lynn

Nana Connie said...

WOW on that sky, Vicki! What an adorable little doxie and I love the sparkly on the butterfly. :-D

Lynn McAuley said...

What fun cards, Vicki! I am lovin' that high-flying hound and that textured football is "da Bomb"!!!

Lola said...

Both cards are just gorgeous. LOVE the shaker with such a lovely colorful background.

Andrea, said...

Wow fantastic card Vicki, love the cute dog and the cloud background, just perfect x

Jerrie said...

Vicki, I love your background on your doggie card and t he sparkly butterflies, The cloud bottom finishes off the card so nicely~ love all the texture on your football...let the season begin!

Pia S said...

What an awesome doggie card! I've never thought of adding shapes onto the acetate, creating a different frame and scenery for the design inside. An idea I probably will need to borrow. Your second card is spot on for a football enthusiast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...